FBI Fraud Alert
If you can answer YES to any of the following questions, you could be involved in a FRAUD or about to be SCAMMED:
- If you sold an item on the Internet, such as a car, boat, jewelry, is the amount of the check more than the item’s selling price?
- Did you receive the check in an overnight delivery service?
- Is the check connected to communicating with someone by email?
- Is the check drawn on a business or individual account that is different from the person buying your item or product?
- Have you been informed that you are the winner of a lottery, such as Canadian, Australian, El Gordo, or El Mundo, that you did not enter?
- Have you been instructed to either wire, send, or ship money as soon as possible to a large U.S. city or to another country, such as Canada, England, or Nigeria?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive a deposit from another country such as Canada, England, or Nigeria?
- Are you receiving pay or a commission for facilitating money transfers through your account?
- Did you respond to an email requesting you to confirm, update, or provide your account information?
If you think are being scammed or are involved in a fraud, you need to contact Member Solutions immediately. You may also call 800-328-8051 and press option 5.
You can also go to the FBI Fraud Alerts Page for information on various types of scams and how to deal with them.