Motor City Co-op Credit Union, a full service financial institution, has served residents of Michigan since 1948.
The Credit Union was founded in 1948 by Ralph Bathanti in the living room of his home on Parker Street in Detroit. The first year financials showed assets of $7,100 and 175 members. In 1955, the Credit Union’s first official office was established on Van Dyke in Detroit. Mr. Bathanti managed the office and two employees. In 1961, times were good for Motor City. Assets had reached $1.5 million and membership was 3,900. The new corporate offices moved to a larger facility on the corner of Nevada & Van Dyke. In April 1991, construction began on the new corporate office in Clinton Township, our current location.
Now in 2019, with assets of $142 million and 17,850 members, we are proud that our members trust us as their primary financial institution. We have offices in Clinton Township, Roseville, Detroit and Warren and our members have the convenience of 5000 Shared Branch locations and over 30,000 ATMs to serve them. Click here for locations and hours.